Friday, June 22, 2007

My first self portraits

I have been avoiding this for quite some time, but one of the exercises was to take a self portrait you would share with others. I set up the tripod and shot some pics in the backyard today. Now, I'm not exactly the poster child for all things happy and joyful, but, I'm also not quite as severe as this top picture makes me look. I do have a more melancholy personality, however, and I think this comes across in the photographs. I spent quite a bit of time post processing these, and while I am not completely satisfied with these, I don't hate them either. If I wait for the perfect set, I will never post any of them, so, maybe they will be better next time.
I used my tripod, remote shutter control, and the f1.8/50mm prime.
I kind of like how many portraits look in black and white, so I experimented with converting a few of them and included one in the batch. Let me know what you think.
Self Portrait 001 6-22-2007

Self Portrait 004 6-22-2007

Self Portrait Stern BW 001

Self Portrait square format 001

No comments: