Monday, June 11, 2007

More portrait photography fun

I completed two more assignments for my church, which were taking portraits. I had much better results with the exposure. I still used the coffee filter diffuser but I upped the exposure +1 and the flash compensation +1. Shooting in RAW saved me again because the white balance was all messed up, but I was able to fix this easily in post processing. I also took several practice shots ahead of time and tweaked the adjustments until the histogram looked right.
I got some good feedback from the person requesting the photographs. She is using them for the church website and for the couples she really needs the heads to be at the same height. She also would like to see their heads closer together. Next time I do this I will make sure to have the people sit on stools to adjust their height and I will take a few poses with them spooning to get their faces closer and looking in the same direction.
Quite to my surprise, I enjoyed taking these portraits. It was fun interacting with the people and joking with them to get them to smile and relax.

No comments: